Available across 8000+ neighbourhood stores near you.
Indira's Tamarind Concentrate - Key Features:
- 1.8 times stronger than Tamarind Paste & 4 times stronger than Tamarind Pulp
- 100% Natural Tamarind Concentrate Only and Nothing Else – Not Even Water
- No Preservatives, No Added Colour, No Added Sugar and No Added Salt
- Add the Rich Tangy Flavour of Fresh Ripe Tamarind to Your Dishes
- Thick and Flavourful Tamarind Concentrate
- 1 Tea Spoon = 1 Small Lemon Sized Raw Tamarind
- Easy to use and store tamper-proof spout packing.
Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate is made from the best raw brown Tamarind and has no added preservatives, salt and water. Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate makes it easy to add a rich tangy flavour to your North Indian dishes, South Indian dishes, Continental dishes, Chinese dishes and many more cuisines. Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate can be used to make tamarind sauces, dips, chutneys and ready to serve beverages. Tamarind is known as Imli or Imalee in Hindi, Huṇasehaṇṇina Huli in Kannada, Puli in Tamil, Cintapaṇḍu in Telugu, Puḷi in Malayalam, Imalī in Punjabi, and so on so forth.
Here is a comparison of Tamarind (Imli Balls), Tamarind Pulp (Imli Pulp), Tamarind Paste (Imli Paste) and Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate. Tamarind or Imli Balls are raw tamarind with the outer shell removed. Tamarind Pulp & Paste are processed forms of Tamarind containing water, salt, preservatives, and sometimes even tamarind seeds and fibres. Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate is manufactured by extracting, boiling, double filtering and concentrating fresh ripe Tamarind. Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate is pure with no added artificial flavour, salt, colour, or preservatives.
Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate is manufactured by Indira Food Pvt Ltd, which was started in 2001. Indira Foods is the largest manufacturer and exporter of Tamarind Concentrate in India. Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate has been exported the world over from the year 2002. Indira’s Tamarind Concentrate is manufactured in a state-of-the-art completely automated factory with indigenously developed technology in Bangalore. Indira Foods factory is ISO 22000:2005 Certified, HACCP Certified, FSSAI Certified, Star-K Kosher Certified and Green-listed by US FDA.
Safety Warning - Do not use if the tamper-proof seal of the cap is broken.
General Warning - Do not use if the pack is puffed or leaking.
100% natural Tamarind & nothing else.
Difference Between Tamarind Concentrate Vs Tamarind Paste:
Tamarind Concentrate Is Stronger Than Tamarind Paste
Tamarind Concentrate is 1.8 times stronger than Tamarind Paste. Tamarind Concentrate is heated for a longer time than Tamarind Paste making it stronger. Tamarind Paste has water added to it, while Tamarind Concentrate has no additives – not even water.
Tamarind Concentrate Is Tangier Than Tamarind Paste
The flavour profile of Tamarind Concentrate is stronger than that of Tamarind Paste again because it's heated and concentrated for a longer period of time. The longer cooking process concentrates the tangy flavours in a Tamarind Concentrate.
Tamarind Concentrate Is More Versatile Than Tamarind Paste
Tamarind Concentrate can be used in many more cuisines, beverages and sauces as it's both ready to cook as well as ready to eat. Whereas Tamarind Paste is not cooked for a long time and has water content which restricts its usage.
Key Differentiators Between Tamarind Concentrate & Tamarind Paste:
- Tamarind Concentrate is Easy to Use & Store in Spouted Pouch
- Tamarind Paste has Acidity Regulators, Salt & Water
- Tamarind Concentrate Is Ready-To-Cook As Well As Ready-To-Eat
- Tamarind Paste Is Only Ready-To-Cook
Tamarind Concentrate Is A Versatile Cooking Paste for Every Kitchen
- Multi-Cuisine – North Indian, South Indian, Continental, Chinese, etc
- Multi-Beverage – Juices, Smoothies, Cocktails & Mocktails
- Sauces & Dips – Pizza sauce, Snack Dip, etc