The foundations for Indira Foods were laid in 1991 by Smt. Indira in the garage of her home in Bangalore. A decade of hard work, sweat, and toil with a steely determination took the enterprise into a large-scale dedicated production facility.
The new millennia modernized more and more households with global exposure through travel, television, and discretionary expenditure grew rapidly. Consumption of ragi went down and it had gained a perception of being an old, black staple food that is sticky, no individual taste, and also difficult to make dishes from. Smt. Indira was always fascinated with ragi, which she consumed in her childhood, and saw an opportunity to bring healthy and natural ragi cereal-based products back into mainstream food with the convenience of the modern world. Along with ragi products, Indira Foods has added other products that fit into the modern world making cooking easy.
Currently, Indira Food Pvt Ltd. is present across four product categories: Ragi Products, Tamarind Concentrate and Tomato Pastes, Instant Rasam Pastes, Ketchup, Jam, and Pickles. Indira Foods has 3 brands under which its products are sold Indira’s, Splitz and Pingani. Indira Foods is present in…
- Retail segment through presence across General Trade, Modern Retail, and Online Retail.
- Institutional segment catering to HORECA
- Bulk segment with processed ingredients like tomato and tamarind concentrate and pastes.
- Private Label segment with specific paste-based products for popular packaged food brands.
- Exports segment with the export of bulk products as well as own-brand products across the globe.
All Indira Foods products are manufactured out of two state-of-the-art facilities in Yelachenahalli and Jigani in the outskirts of Bangalore. A new 1.2 lakh sq. ft. manufacturing facility is coming up in Malavalli taluk in Karnataka’s Mandy District.
All Indira Foods manufacturing facilities are ISO 22000:2005 certified and also FSSAI certified. Indira Foods is also Star-K Kosher Certified and is also green-listed by US FDA.
Directors of Indira Foods have more than 20 years of hands-on experience in the food processing industry and are part of the founding team.
Sri Uthaya A S
A graduate in science and has over 18 years of hands-on experience in the food processing industry. He heads the manufacturing.
Sri Vijay C
A graduate in science with more than 20 years of hands-on experience in food processing. He heads business and innovation.
Sri Sudhin Sharma V
A science graduate having 20 years of vast experience in Retail marketing, Institutional marketing (Restaurant & Hotel industry), and marketing in B to B. He heads the Institutional and Bulk segments.
Sri Ramesh N
A postgraduate in Business Management with over 12 years of experience. He heads private label, key accounts and seasonal procurement.
The leadership is supported by a small, capable and dedicated team that brings in the fire, determination and loyalty to make things happen and achieve. Indira Foods is an equal opportunity employer letting employees bloom with clear systems, processes, and guidance to bring out the best in each individual.
- Pioneering Ragi products with modern convenience way back in the 1990s when there were no other brands doing ragi products.
- 100% natural tamarind concentrate with proprietary state-of-the-art manufacturing facility (no one else has this product or the technology in India).
- 1st & Only company to introduce 100% natural tomato paste in spout pouches (no major company has this packing type).
- 1st & Only company to introduce Thick and Tasty Ketchup in spout pouches.
- 1st & Only company to introduce Authentic Rasam Pastes (Major brands have powders and not in paste form which packs more flavour).